Updated on 17/06/2022
- International company
- Excellent growth opportunities
About Our Client
The client is a global industry leader in supplying sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that their customers, communities and the environment are increasingly relying on. They strive to lead their industry by pioneering a world of possibilities to empower people and reduce our impact on the planet, while delivering the most sustainable solutions for our customers.
Within their supply planning department, they have 4 types of planners with different responsibilities:
- Production Planning: you develop and own the plans for a paints/coatings production site, focusing on serving customer demand while making efficient use of resources on site
- Material Planning: you ensure the raw materials and packaging needed to achieve the production plan are available on time. You develop strong relationships and manage performance with suppliers and procurement.
- Products for Resale (PFR) Planning: you ensure availability of the products that they sell alongside their paints and coatings but that we do not produce ourselves
- Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP): you ensure the optimized distribution of products from the central warehouse to the different warehouses across a complex global distribution network.
The Successful Applicant
- Master's degree in Supply Chain or Operations
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A sharp analytical mind, able to translate challenges into numbers and numbers into conclusions
- Ability to handle pressure that comes with taking high-impact decisions between trade-offs
- An open and flexible approach necessary to learn and succeed within our dynamic, multicultural environment
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Not essential, but a clear advantage: Working experience in supply chain, familiarity with ERP-systems like SAP, fluency in another language spoken in certain European countries
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary with an above average number of annual holidays
- 13th month salary
- Participation in the AkzoNobel pension plan
- Compensation for travel expenses to and from work
- Opportunities for education that will help you to grow beyond this role