- working in a fast growing organization with growth opportunities
- work in an informal and international environment
About Our Client
Our client is one of the fastest growing retail companies in Europe. They are expending and the head office is responsible for the supply chain all over Europe.
As a Commercial Planner you will be part of a team with 8 peers. In this role you are responsible to deliver an optimal assortment and demand planning for multiple categories. You will also translate the commercial thoughts, in the amount of articles that they buy, to a workable output for Supply Chain Planning.
For the assortment planning you provide insight and actions in the short- and mid-term assortment, while demand planning calculates demand forecasts for new articles and impact of commercial activities on existing assortment.
Key tasks and responsibilities are:
- creating a demand forecast for new assortment, taking into account a broad set of influencing factors like seasonality, timing, product improvements, existing assortment and trends (on the various levels like store, country or DC level);
- support Buyers in analyzing assortment gaps, possible issues and article trends; propose commercial actions and assortment adjustments;
- align with supply chain planning to identify possible impacts on demand, adjustments in start dates and understand possible supply issues impacting assortment planning;
- connect category level plans to overall sales and financial objectives, highlight areas of risk and provide alternate recommendations;
- forecast expected promo sales for planned promo's and define impact of other commercial activities and trends on existing assortment, in close collaboration with Buyer;
- play an active role in the selection and development of assortment planning and demand planning tools;
- overall support in developing a mature, stable and reliable Commercial Planning department.
The Successful Applicant
Our client looking for an enthusiastic, analytical, hands-on team player to join the team. The ideal candidate is immediately available, has an HBO/ WO degree with 2-3 years of work experience in demand planning & forecasting, preferably in a retail environment. The candidate MUST speak English and preferable also Dutch.
- Love to work with numbers and know Excel in and out;
- Have strong analytic skills and are results driven;
- Have experience with ERP and/ or demand planning system;
- Show affinity for retail;
- Are proactive and have great communicative skills;
- Are flexible and not afraid of changes.
- Live in the Netherlands or within commutable distance from Hoorn.
What's on Offer
They offer you...
- The unique opportunity to help setting up their team and demand planning process;
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team;
- The opportunity to push the boundaries for our international footprint;
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work;
- A broad scope of responsibilities;
- Holiday allowance
- Travel allowance