Buyer, temporary (minimum 6 months)
Multinational active in the food processing industry
Over onze klant
Our client is multinational located nearby Rotterdam. They are one of the largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers. Currently, they have around 30,000 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries around the globe. Due to positive results they are looking for a Buyer to strengthen their team for a period of minimum 6 months with a chance for the period to be extended for an indefinite period. Our client is located nearby Rotterdam close to the Maasvlakte, therefore to reach our client, a car is required.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Manage a robust supply base for materials
- Develop aggressive cost reduction goals, cost containment purchasing programs and timelines for category buyers
- Drive all aspects of category efforts across the sourcing lifecycle, e.g., gather division/plant specific data, requirements, perform baselining, and execute supplier selection & negotiations
- Ensure implementation of category strategy at the local level - work with local buyers to understand implementation challenges - elevate issues to regional leads & help develop solutions to increase compliance
- Closely monitor market trends, supply/demand factors, technology advancements, legal dictates and industry-wide publications to make effective sourcing recommendations
- Work with plant managers, technical personnel and local buyers in identifying and eliminating areas of waste, duplication and obsolescence in materials procurement.
- Control costs utilizing various practices, such as; establishing cost targets, performing market tests, identifying material substitutions and eliminating non-value added costs
- Establishing and maintaining regular communication with company divisions to drive standardization
- Implementing supplier development processes, including Supplier Evaluation and Qualification Process, Part/Process Certification, Corrective Action Process and Supplier Communication Process
- Performing root-cause analysis of supplier quality and delivery issues
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the field supply chain and/or logistics
- Circa 3 to 5 years of experience in purchasing
- Experience with JDE, VAX, Maximo or E-sourcing experience is a big plus
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written as verbal
- Strong analytical skills, result oriented and strong commercial insight
As Buyer you will get a contract from Page Personnel for the period of 6 months (at minimum) and after this period the contract will possibly be extended by our client located nearby Rotterdam.