Assistant Logistics Manager
A great step towards a management career
You will join a great team of young and driven people
Over onze klant
Our client, ADM Netherlands, is employing more than 800 people, is a leading processor of oilseeds. In Europoort, ADM operates a facility that crushes soybeans.
You will joing a young and driven team in the harbour of Rotterdam.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Back-up of the Logistics Manager Beans & Meal
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the logistical flows, such that the agreed service levels and the production demand are met at the minimal costs and as such that the available capacity is optimally utilized
- Supporting employees in their daily work which includes the execution of contracts, administrating contract positions and the handling of shipping documents for import and export
- Development and training of employees
- Maintaining and developing contacts with customers and forwarders
- Liaising with trading, production, Finance department customers and suppliers
- (Advising on) logistic related procurement
- Continuously improving the department's activities through automation and other initiatives
- Accurate and timely reporting
- Has a bachelor degree in Logistics or Business Economics;
- Has good knowledge and experience of logistical processes at European and global level
- Has experience with the execution of contracts, preferably knowledge of contracts like Gafta / Fosfa / Vernof / etc
- Is the connecting element between the departments of logistics, commerce, production and finance
- Has excellent communication skills in Dutch, English and preferably German;
- Has excellent knowledge of Excel and has knowledge of other applications like MS office and logistical applications;
- Has strong analytical skills and has a drive to improve the business and logistics processes
- Is ambitious to further develop him/herself and wants to grow within the organization to take a future bigger role
- Is a great team player who masters the art of coaching, training, coordination and communication
- Has a proactive mentality and can work under high levels of stress
- Is prepared to travel
- Has own transport and able to travel to Rotterdam Europoort
At ADM you can make a difference in yourself, your future, and the world.
To attract and develop the very best talent, we are committed to providing ongoing training, new challenges, global opportunities, and a comprehensive, competitive benefits package.